Welcome to the Family and Pastoral Counselling Association of the Philippines website!
FPCAP was established on March 12, 2008, registered under the Security
and Exchange Commission (CR# CN200803931; TIN 006-0990-048). It is an
association of both family and pastoral counsellors including counsellor
educators/workers whose interest and concern is the welfare and
development of professional practitioners in the helping services.
As FPCAP we hope to make reality Saint John Paul II's quest for strong
Christian couples and families and their greater participation in the
Church as enthusiastic and Spirit-filled lay people (Familiaris
Consortio and Ecclesia) in Asia. In the same manner, through our
counselling ministry, we zealously respond to Pope Francis' challenge of
serving, protecting and strengthening families as the Holy Father gives
emphasis that the family is the greatest treasure of any country in a message delivered to Filipino families (Mall of Asia, January 16, 2015).
CALL FOR PAPERS
We are currently working on our online journal, Journal of Family &
Pastoral Counseling and we invite you to submit a research study or a
scholarly article for possible inclusion in the journal. With the theme
"Family Counseling: Issues and Concerns in a Changing Environment", here
are the guidelines in submitting your research or article:
- Typeface 11pt Times New Roman
- Double spaced on letter sized paper (8.5" x 11")
- Margins are 1 inch on all sides.
- Include a page header or running head at the top of every page. To
create a page header/running head, insert page numbers flush right. Then
type the title of your paper in the header flush left using all capital
letters. Page numbers should be shown starting from the title page.
- To create the title page type your title in upper and lower case
letters, centered on the upper half of the page (a maximum of 12 words).
Beneath the title, type the author's name: first name, middle initial,
last name. Please refrain from using a title (Dr./Prof.) or a degree
(PhD/MA). Beneath the author's name type the institutional affiliation
(university) or the professional organization.
- Paper should have 4 parts: title, abstract, main body and references.
- Abstract should be a single paragraph, double spaced with 150 to 250 words.
- Papers submitted will be peer-refereed.
We, as Family and Pastoral Counselors integrating psychotherapy and spirituality,
work to empower a Filipino society where families in right relationship
among their members, with other families, and God, are highly
functional and are effectively contributing to the growth and
development of our nation.
- To uphold a high ethical and professional standard in the practice of family and pastoral counseling.
- To empower families to live by the values of faith, integrity, compassion, service-orientation.
- To be a driving force for the continuing professional development of family and pastoral counselors.
- To enrich the unique faith perspective in pastoral counseling in its distinctive role as a listening and companioning ministry.
FPCAP has the following objectives:
- To improve the standards of the family and pastoral counseling work in the Philippine society;
- To promote and stimulate the exchange of professional experience at local, regional, national as well as international meetings;
conduct, support and promote research and other professional activities
that will contribute to the improvement of family and pastoral
counseling practice and education;
- To disseminate pertinent and valuable professional information and research studies through publications; and lastly,
bring together and unite in action all family and pastoral counselors
for a better understanding and acceptance of the principles, practices
and professional standards of family and pastoral counseling.
- Counselling (by appointment)